Press release -
Discovery Invest announces additional Retirement Summit speakers
Johannesburg, 21 January 2022 — Discovery Invest today announced additional speakers at its inaugural retirement conference, the Discovery Retirement Summit, which is a virtual event scheduled to take place on the 25th of January 2022. The summit will bring together global industry leaders to give financial advisers fresh ideas, new perspectives, and deep insights to enhance their ability to ensure that their clients achieve a comfortable retirement.
Discovery Bank CEO Hylton Kallner will share insights on how applying a shared-value model has the potential to revolutionise the financial services industry; and the following internationally renowned speakers have joined the line-up:
- Mark Kramer, senior lecturer at Harvard Business School: Among the world’s foremost thinkers on shared-value, he will consider whether the concept of shared-value has changed based on recent crises and events and how you create resilient and profitable businesses that contribute to a thriving society at a time like this.
- Amin Toufani from T Labs, a Silicon Valley venture studio: World-renowned tech pioneer and founder of Adaptability.org discusses his frameworks for understanding the impact of accelerating technologies like artificial intelligence on individuals, companies and countries.
Financial advisers will have the opportunity to learn and be inspired by powerful insights and experience from some of the most preeminent opinion leaders in the industry and will also receive online access to a rich database of research and speaker content.
The Discovery Retirement Summit, hosted by BBC journalist Lerato Mbele, will also feature:
- Dr Sara Carnazzi Weber from Credit Suisse Research Institute in Switzerland: Author of the paper, Rethinking retirement, discusses her research and highlights the significant gaps that exist in retirement planning around the world.
- Professor Andrew J Scott from the London Business School: Author of The-100-year-life unpacks the societal changes needed to support longer lifespans and how our decisions will be changed by increasingly longer lives.
- Katy Milkman from the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania: Behavioural scientist and professor explores the ways that insights from economics and psychology can be used to change people’s behaviours to achieve better outcomes.
To find out more about the Discovery Invest Retirement Summit, and to register, please click here
Discovery Limited is a South African-founded financial services organisation that operates in the healthcare, life assurance, short-term insurance, savings and investment and wellness markets. Since inception in 1992, Discovery has been guided by a clear core purpose – to make people healthier and to enhance and protect their lives. This has manifested in its globally recognised Vitality Shared-Value insurance model, active in 27 markets with over 20 million members. The model is exported and scaled through the Global Vitality Network, an alliance of some of the largest insurers across key markets including AIA (Asia), Ping An (China), Generali (Europe), Sumitomo (Japan), John Hancock (US), Manulife (Canada) and Vitality Life & Health (UK, wholly owned). Discovery trades on the Johannesburg Securities Exchange as DSY.
Follow us on Twitter @Discovery_SA